"The beginning is always today."
- Mary Wollstonecraft
Looking for a therapist who's warm, caring, and real?
It's not fun to deal with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem or bad relationships.
When you're looking for help, you want to know you're in good hands - that you've found someone who really gets what you're going through. I use warmth and humor to help my clients find relief from anxiety, stress, emotional pain, and relationship problems.
I love helping my clients create an inner sense of peace, confidence, and self-care while letting go of old habits and patterns that are no longer working.
Why People Come to Counseling
Clients usually want help with:
- Shame, Low self esteem, Self judgment - that little voice that says you're not good enough, no matter what you do.
- Anxiety, PTSD, Fears, Stress or Chronic Worry - and the frustration and embarrassment that go with all that.
- Overeating, Binge Eating, Emotional Eating - despite trying every diet and every self help book.
- Addictive and Comulsive behaviors - including "soft" addictions that help you escape or soothe uncomfortable feelings.
- Growing up with Toxic, Narcissitic or Self-Absorbed Parents - healing low self-esteem and other problems related to constant criticism, emotional neglect or verbal abuse.
- Bad Relationship Patterns - whether "he's just not that into you" or "same fight, different day," it's just not working.
- Divorce or Breaking Up - healing from the intense feelings of loss, whether you're the one leaving or the one left behind.
My Approach to Therapy
If you're like most people, you've internalized beliefs about yourself and the world through your experiences. Some of these may be positive. Others may be negative, causing shame, guilt, anxiety or anger. Trying to manage these feelings may lead you to behaviors you don't want, like avoidance, overeating, or overworking. Anxiety and shame are also at the root of most relationship problems. It's hard to feel loving when you're feeling bad about yourself, worried or stressed out.
Together, we will look at the events of your life, and how they've shaped your thoughts, feelings, beliefs and actions. You may discover that those beliefs are based on inaccurate or outdated information. You may discover that you are capable of much more than you knew. You may feel stronger and more confident. As new, more accurate beliefs replace the old ones, you'll have more options and more freedom to make choices that really work for you.
If you'd like to read more on my approach and specialties, click here
. You can also visit my blog on the psychology of emotional eating
. And you can listen to my hypnosis podcasts here.
You'll also find several articles
on this site that may be helpful.
My office is in Pleasant Hill, CA, close to highways 680 and 24. I'm a short drive from Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Concord, Martinez, Alamo, and Benicia.
Get Directions from:
Walnut Creek and points South (Alamo, San Ramon, Danville)
Concord and Clayton
Benicia and points North
Lafayette and points West (Orinda, Moraga)
Appointments are also available via phone and Skype for people who live out of the area or have difficulty making an office visit.
Convenient and Flexible Hours
I have day and evening hours Monday through Thursday. I offer sessions weekly or every-other week in the beginning of therapy, and monthly for clients who prefer to taper off gradually. To see my current availability, click here.
Payment and Insurance
I accept all major credit cards as well as checks and cash. I don't accept direct payment from insurance, but can provide a monthly statement for clients with PPOs so they can be reimbursed for services. Click here
for my current fee schedule.
Find out if therapy can help. Call for a free 30-minute consultation: (925)335-6441
or begin the scheduling process online by clicking here: Schedule Consultation
. I generally respond to inquiries within 2 business days. You can also check my current availability here.